There are so many articles stating that the youth of America helped Obama win.
I'm very proud to be apart of a generation (The Y Generation) that helped create change. I am well aware that the world is filled with other African American leaders but this is significant to me. My generation is known for not having culture, not caring about anything, and for being brats.
But what's most important is that we are the generation of technology. And with this we helped transform America.
I was really surprised when I came across an article about an Iphone application based on Barack Obama's campaign.
Iphone applications are: "Web applications — or web apps — that combine the power of the Internet with the simplicity of Multi-Touch technology, all on a 3.5-inch screen."
When Obama was running for President people were able to keep track of the campaign at their fingertips.
In October, "the Barack Obama campaign released an official Iphone app. The app was developed by the iPhoneDevCamp and it is really full featured, especially for an app that was written in just one month and is being offered for free.
Overall this seems to be a great way to get some people into the campaign as it offers everything from calling options to news and videos to local events. Here is a list of the features:
- Call Friends: A great volunteering tool that lets you make a difference any time you want by talking to people you already know. Your contacts are prioritized by key battleground states, and you can make calls and organize results all in one place.
- Call Stats: See nationwide Obama ‘08 Call Friends totals and find out how your call totals compare to leading callers.
- Get Involved: Do more. Find and contact your local Obama for America HQ.
- Receive Updates: Receive the latest news and announcements via text messages or email.
- News: Browse complete coverage of national and local campaign news.
- Local Events: Find local events, share by email and get maps and directions.
- Media: Browse videos and photos from the campaign
- Issues: Get clear facts about Barack Obama and Joe Biden’s plan for essential issues facing Americans."
Amazing! It's simply amazing.